JOB TITLE: Sign Language Quality Control Officer
REPORTS TO: Project Lead
Quality Control Officer generally checks the quality of incoming and outgoing materials or products for a company, as well as the production procedures. This job involves tasks such as running tests, keeping a record of defects, analyzing products, overseeing technical procedures and ensuring there is quality compliance with design and specification requirements of a product.
Responsibilities and duties
- Provides English language interpretation and transliteration services using sign language communication for deaf and hard of hearing to the application developers which may require presentation and exchange of highly complex and technical information.
- Assesses deaf needs and the interpreting situation before and during application development and makes adjustments as needed.
- Interprets from deaf and hard of hearing person’s contributions, reports, or discussions to the application developers and interprets deaf and hard of hearing persons questions directed to the application developers.
- Provide transcribing services meaning-for-meaning what is being said in meetings and discussions via available communication tools.
- Establishes and maintains a good working relationship with persons of hearing disabilities, staff and/or off-site agencies as may be required by the project.
- Assists with providing for the deaf and hard of hearing persons communication needs, including assessing and advising the application developers on the issues raised by the persons of hearing disabilities.
- Stays abreast of new developments and techniques in the interpretation field by attending workshops and conferences and reviewing current literature, legislation and technology.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Arts degree in Social Studies
- Advanced level certificate in Kenya Sign Language form an accredited institution.
- Must have good problem-solving skills.
- 5 years work experience as a Sign Language Interpreter.
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
Please send your CVs and cover letter to email@example.com on or before 9th of June 2021.Please indicate clearly on the email subject the position applied for. Applicants are encouraged to go through our social media handles to familiarize themselves with our operations. Persons with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.