JOB TITLE: PROJECT ACCOUNTANT
REPORTS TO: Project Lead
A project accountant main task will be to monitor the progress of projects, investigate variances, approve expenses and ensure that project billings are issued to customers and payments collected. The main purpose of all these is to track all of the financial components of a project such as budgets, estimates, costs, bookings and billing. It also allows teams to see the cost, schedule, resources, and financial components of a project in one place. The Project Accountant will also provide the project team with accounting support. He / She will be working hand in hand with the project manager and the chief accountant and relevant stakeholders.
Project Accountant Responsibilities and Duties
- Perform grant-related post-award functions, including budget and expense analysis, periodic invoicing, financial reporting, reconciliations, re-budgeting and grant closeout functions required by Grants and Contracts Administration.
- Prepare accurate and timely financial reports to donors as required.
- Prepare accurate and timely financial reports on grants for internal management purposes.
- Work with the CEO on cash flow forecasts for programs.
- Review invoices and provide account codes, when appropriate, for proper project accounting.
- Produce budget and expense analysis report.
- Prepare and distribute periodic invoices for project reimbursement.
- Work with Program Team Leader, Budgeting Officer and appropriate office staff in the development of forecasts, budgets and budget revisions for programs.
- Communicate monthly financial results with appropriate program staff, informing them of financial position of the project.
- Ensure compliance of grants with policies/procedures and donor rules/regulations.
- Perform ad-hoc financial analysis in response to requests or to provide support to various programs.
- Train and provide ongoing technical assistance to field office finance staff and program partners on best practices for financial management systems in order to increase capacity.
- Visit regional offices in order to support financial management of grant-funded projects, conduct periodic compliance review of grant-funded projects, to include financial management overviews with field office staff and partner staff.
- Coordinate the monthly review and reconciliation of cash accounts associated with project offices including receipt of monthly bank statements.
- Prepare monthly reconciliations for HQ advance accounts to project offices.
- Support required audits in the field and at HQ.
- Identify and recommend cost savings initiatives for program activities and the organization
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Degree Business Administration, Accounting or Finance.
- CPA (K)
- Must have working knowledge of local laws, regulations, taxation, and other government compliance requirements.
- Over 5years experience in working as a project accountant in a donor funded environment
- Must have high analytical skills with strong attention to detail.
- Must have planning and project management skills,
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to build strong relationships.
Please send your CVs and cover letter to email@example.com on or before 9th of June 2021.Please indicate clearly on the email subject the position applied for. Applicants are encouraged to go through our social media handles to familiarize themselves with our operations. Persons with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.